Hi everybody and welcome to the Mindshare Mindcast cast where today we’re excited to have with us Dr Sandra Scheinbaum. Sandy, working closely with the Institute for Functional Medicine along with their partner, Elyse Wagner, actually founded the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy in 2014 as an educator and a licensed clinical psychologist for over 35 years.
Sandra and Elyse saw a need to support both consumers as well as traditional physicians. As a healthcare system is continuing to change. Boy, isn’t that true, making it harder and harder for physicians to provide those high touch services without putting even greater financial pressure on an already struggling medical practice. Sandra is the author of three books including Functional Medicine Coaching: How to be Part of the Movement That’s Transforming Healthcare. Sandy, welcome to the Mindshare Mindcast.
- Sandra’s journey that lead to Health Coaching [1:30]
- The purpose and power of a Health Coach [5:05]
- Coaching a patient through their personal health journey for successful health outcomes [7:45]
- Powerful coaching models to support patients [14:12]
- The future for Functional Medicine Coaching Academy [16:25]
- Sandra’s Book – Functional Medicine Coaching: How to be Part of the Movement That’s Transforming Healthcare – https://www.amazon.com/Functional-Medicine-Coaching-Transforming-Healthcare-ebook/dp/B01NAVHJPG