The notion of value has always fascinated me, partly, because it’s so subjective. And I think it’s that subjectivity that make us many times under-value what we do for others. Because that’s the real measure of value. Have you saved someone time, money or improved their life with what you could do better than they could do on their own?
Examples are all around – the car detailer that comes to your office or home that charges 3X more for the car wash you could get up the street if you went there, or for free if you did it yourself, but by allowing you to stay on higher value tasks – can actually make you money.
Or the Hashimoto’s expert who can give you a clear plan of action that gets your health back and keeps it back after your primary care doctor visit covered by insurance has failed to provide any results. What would someone be willing to pay to get it right?
Value is what your result is worth to someone. The key is finding the audience that needs what you can do for them, something this weeks guest has mastered – repeatedly, resulting in a trusted brand that consistently delivers unexpected value to his clients.
And – he’s one of us, and one of my favorite humans. You’re going to love this episode with Dr. Sachin Patel – as we talk big picture and some interesting details about delivering value that people feel good about paying for in the health space.
- How Dr. Patel built his cash practice in Canada [3:04]
- How Dr. Patel built the practice [9:30]
- Other doctors started calling Dr. Patel to find out how they built their practice and how to model it [12:17]
- Start of Dr. Patel’s coaching program [12:52]
- The pivotal choice [15:23]
- You don’t need sick people in order to have an opportunity to serve, to use your gifts. Healthy people are looking to perform better. [18:00]
- Dealing with overhead costs [20:12]
- Having a practice that is balanced in personalization and automation. [25:37]
- Get SOPs documented [27:39]
- Entrepreneurial mindset [32:18]
Free Copy of Perfect Practice by Sachin Patel