Hey everybody. Welcome to this week’s episode of the Mindshare Mindcast. Today, we have got somebody I have looked up to for years, Seth Godin. He’s the bestselling author of 19 bestselling books that have been translated into more than 35 languages. He’s also the founder of the AltMBA and The Marketing Seminar. These are online workshops that have transformed the work of thousands of people. Seth writes about the post-industrial revolution, the way ideas spread, marketing, quitting, leadership, and most of all changing everything – the way you think about everything.
If you love marketing like we do, you might already be familiar with his books: Linchpin, Tribes, The Dip, and Purple Cow. Seth’s latest book, This is Marketing, was an instant worldwide bestseller. In addition to writing and speaking, Seth has founded several companies, including Yoyodyne and Squidoo. His blog, which you can find just by typing Seth in Google (that’s how ubiquitous it is) is one of the most popular in the world, and in 2018 Seth was inducted in the Marketing Hall of Fame. Shocker there.
More than 10,000 people have taken his powerful workshops including the AltMBA and The Marketing Seminar. JJ and I are both huge fans, big followers. So honored that you’d spend some time with us today, Seth. Welcome to the Mindshare Mindcast.
- Defining marketing and using it to reach your ideal audience [4:49]
- Understanding what drives buyer behavior [9:38]
- Establish yourself as the anchor of your community [17:43]
- Understand your community’s worldview – their belief system [26:28]
- The future of marketing [33:22]
- Books: Linchpin, Tribes, The Dip, and Purple Cow, This is Marketing, and more – https://www.sethgodin.com/#books-courses-and-more
- Workshop: AltMBA – https://www.sethgodin.com/#altmba
- Workshop: The Marketing Seminar – https://www.sethgodin.com/#the-marketing-seminar
- Seth’s blog, This is Marketing: https://seths.blog/